Life in the South Pacific

Stop in and read all about my Peace Corps journey in Samoa! Don't forget to send me letters and emails!! Packages are always welcome too! :)

Friday, June 16, 2006

Off to the Village!

So tomorrow we are off to the village, Vaie'e for two weeks. No email or phone for 2 weeks! I'm looking forward to it. Life is going to change a lot and I can't wait to tell you all about it! I'm just hoping that none of us get sick!!

A lot has happened this week. Yesterday we had a water safety lesson. We went to a beach down south, I can't remember it's name. We did some snorkeling, learned about the breaks in the reef and the current and how strong it can be. And it is pretty strong! There is a little beach fale resort that is AMAZING. It was a beautiful ride. My camera died, but people in my group have pictures, which I will get sometime. And I will also upload my pictures SOMETIME after I get back from the village. We've just been so busy! But the ride to and back was beautiful. The blue and aqua water with the palm trees swaying, watching the surfers, it was amazing. We also saw more of inner Samoa, where there was so much green. Absolutely gorgeous! The water safety lesson was a lot of fun though and afterwards we just came back and hung out, went out for some pizza as a big group and did some homework.

The other day we had some girl talk with some volunteers. We had Chinese and Vailimas and it was a good time. Nothing like kickin' back with all the girls.

I can't believe I have been here for only 10 days. It feels like a long time now! There is so much I could write about Samoan culture, and one day I will write a novel and tell you all about it!

For now, I must go to the post office, but check my blog when I get back in 2 weeks!!

3 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Marissa said...

Nothing like a tropical inservice huh!

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Sunshine said...

I miss you! =)

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steph~
can't wait to hear how things have been going for you. I miss you!
Val

 

Post a Comment

<< Home